The Big Pitch is a competition designed by the Enterprise Team at Swansea University to raise awareness of entrepreneurship and develop entrepreneurial skills.
Whether students have a business idea or feel that they have entrepreneurial traits, they are able to pitch their idea or “themselves” to a panel of esteemed judges.
What are these Entrepreneurial Skills?
Creativity, innovation, resilience, self awareness, self management, problem solving, analytical thinking, leadership, team work and communication = highly valued by today’s employers
- However, the CBI (the voice of business) state that 70% of graduates don’t leave university with the skills to be effective and impact their company.
- Our aim is to change behaviours & attitudes, preparing students for a global world of uncertainty, industry shakes up and a competitive labour market.
How the competition Will Work
Weekly workshops run in Fulton Seminar Room 6 (12–2pm) and Great Hall 049 (2-4pm)
- Week 1 – Wednesday 28thFebruary – Introduction and competition Info (freebies) & Skills Audit
- Week 2 – Wednesday 7thMarch – Marketing
- Week 3 – Wednesday 14thMarch – Problem solving, Team Work & Creativity!
- Week 4 – Wednesday 21stMarch – How to Pitch and Communicate & Skills Audit.
- The Big Pitch Wednesday 18thApril 2018 (1st week after Easter)
Go to EventBrite link to book space in competition: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/swansea-universitys-the-big-pitch-tickets-43086015432
For more information Contact Kelly or Rhodri in the Enterprise Team: Entrepreneurs@swansea.ac.uk