If you are a student at Swansea University and you care about your future employability and career planning then we’ve got some good news!
On the 7th and 8th of June 2016 we will be holding the #SEAYourFuture Employability conference. All students are welcome and there are a number of reasons you should attend:
- Free BBQ lunch (and vegetarian options) – on both days we’ll be offering a free BBQ lunch to all those who are attending the events. It’s a great chance to talk to each other, employers, graduates and some of our professional services.
- £10 Fulton Outfitters Voucher – for everyone that books onto the event in advance and attends over the two days. You’ll have the chance to spend the voucher as you like, perfect if you’d like a memento of your days in Swansea University!
- Free transport – on both days we will offer you transport between Bay and Singleton Campus. All you need to do is to ensure that you turn up at the designated meeting place each morning – easy!
- Workshops – we’re hosting a variety of events on both campuses over the two days. On the first day of the conference come along and meet employers such as DezRez, BBC, PwC amongst many others. It’s a great opportunity to network with graduates and employers to find out their career paths and what it is like to work in the industry or on a placement. If you feel that you might need to brush up on your networking skills, we’re hosting a workshop beforehand! On the second day of the conference our Careers Advisers are running a range of workshops covering topics such as Commercial Awareness, Preparing for Postgraduate Study and Hints and Tips for Assessment Centres. The workshops are designed to fun and interactive, giving you plenty to think about when planning your next steps.
- Work Placements – during the conference the work placement team will offer a work shop advising you how to make the most of your work placement and to think about the skills you’ve gained and how to sell them.
- It will be FUN! We want you to enjoy yourselves at the event! It’s a great chance to make new friends and contacts, while preparing for your future!
- Book your place and we’ll see you there (not really a reason to come along but 7 is a nice number!)
The conference will be held on Bay and Singleton Campus.