What you’ll get
Working as a language assistant is the perfect opportunity to discover another culture and develop invaluable, transferable skills for the workplace. Plus, you get paid to do it. During your placement in China you’ll get
- year-round support from the British Council, with over 35 years’ experience working in China
- on-going support from the British Council’s partners overseas
- a two-week induction course when you arrive, including language and culture lessons
- a free online TEFL course with practical tips to help you succeed in the classroom.
Find out more and apply: www.britishcouncil.org/language-assistants/become/China
Salary and benefits
As a language assistant in China, you can expect to be paid a comfortable salary every month. Your accommodation will be sorted for you, taking away the hassle, flights are paid for and there is no programme fee to pay.
You do not need to speak any Chinese, but you will need to:
- be a native speaker of English
- have graduated from university by the time you start your placement.